Reticle – For Tactical Displays
Targeting information for mission effectiveness
Marinvent’s patented Reticle technology is a set of software solutions that provide operators of tactical displays with considerably greater situational awareness in order to significantly improve their effectiveness in challenging and highly dynamic operational environments.
The Reticle package is a software solution that implements an intuitive reticle display, to give unprecedented situational awareness cues. The self- orienting, reticle technology adds significant geo-spatial information to any tactical display without increasing display clutter or complexity.
Sea tracking example: Click the button in the lower right for a full-screen view.
Reticle Key Features
- Incorporates a compass rose on the display to immediately and continuously orient the camera operator with the outside world
- Incorporates a self-orienting aircraft symbol on the display to immediately and continuously orient the camera operator with the rest of the aircrew
- Marinvent’s Reticle package is available either exclusively or non-exclusively under flexible licensing terms:
- Either as a patent license or
- As a software license
- Marinvent can either provide the data necessary to allow customers to integrate the reticle into their own displays or provide an integrated solution for the customer’s platform
- Incorporates simple aircraft graphic to replace the more traditional cross hair in order to orient the camera view to the platform immediately
Land tracking example: Click the button in the lower right for a full-screen view.
- Creates market discriminator for tactical display manufacturers
- Creates a display that makes it far easier for tactical system operators to home in on targets and stay locked onto them,
- Regardless of how dynamically the platform on which they are located is moving with respect to the target
- Regardless of whether the target is static or fully dynamic
- Allows the tactical system operator to remain constantly aware of his/her physical orientation
- By providing the situational awareness required to do so at all times
- Enables considerably better communication between the tactical system operator and other crew in the vehicle
- Improving overall crew effectiveness and considerably reducing workload
- Can be readily integrated with existing display software to enable the retrofit market
- Military targeting applications
- Unmanned vehic
le control and display applications
- Remote surveillance systems
- FLIR systems
- ISR systems
- Police, public safety, disaster relief, emergency response and border protection markets